Sunday, February 12, 2006

Visit

The members of the commission charged with reviewing the issue of possible BBC bias in mideast reporting spent some 75 minutes with me at my home at Shiloh.

The conversation and exchange of views was very interesting and pleasant.

I think I contributed to their understanding of some of the issues, both concerning the Jewish communities and other specific items. I presented them with three recent examples of headline vs. story content; placing important information in the 16th sentence; and leaving out relevant info vis a vis the Palestinian side.

I also asked why the BBC has no "corrections column" on their web site. The NYTimes does.

It is only a small part of their major work but I think my input was important and appreciated.

Some even took notes.

No comments: