Monday, April 23, 2007

Grammar

My wife, who is an English teacher, and a good one, if I do say, which I do, is critical at times of my English usage, specifically my grammar, which can be atrocious as well as my vocabulary choices which can be too elitist. Not to mention my run-on sentences.

Anyway, here is something I found via Wonkette here which I just couldn't avoid.

...[the wedding of] former Deputy Interior Secretary J. Steven Griles and Sue Ellen Wooldridge could have implications for the investigation into Griles’s ties to ex-lobbyist Jack Abramoff. They were married March 26, three days after Griles pleaded guilty to lying to Congress about his relationship with Abramoff and a previous romantic partner.


If I am not mistaken, that italicized section could be problematic.

Does it mean that Abramoff was a previous romantic partner?

Of Griles or Wooldridge?

Or was the previous romantic partner linked with Abramoff?

This is getting dizzy.

No comments: